So the presentation of my fall for cotton project is past due. To see how I started, please take a look here.
I'm really happy with how it turned out and will be making it again for sure. I like alle the amazing details, like the shirring in the back. This makes it very comfortable. It also has pockets, which is very useful. I made bound buttonholes again on this dress and I'm getting better and better. I nearly like them more than normal buttonholes, I think they're just so pretty.
The dress was made of a nice cotton flower print and my buttons are vintage from my stash.
So, here we go, my finished shirtwaist dress from Gertie's new book for better sewing.
Zoey likes the dress, too.
I'm finally in the preparations for the starlet suit jacket, the second craftsy course by Gertie. Also I cut a muslin for a beautiful 40s style pants, which will be made from corduroy.